Monday 19 September 2011

Punctuation and You

Some time back during an English lesson I was momentarily bored and started doodling ... and what was I doodling .. . punctuation marks ! yeah right - punctuation marks . My thoughts started wondering what kind of people would these punctuation marks be .  So , let's have a look at some of them.

Full Stop / Period : Mr Full Stop is the yes / no guy. He answers mainly with a nod . When you are having a conversation with him, he stops right there . He is not shy , mind you. He just hates talking . He will only answer when a direct question is asked . He'll try to get away with eye or hand gestures and if you are persistent , they have a 3 / 4 word sentence answer . He thinks talking is a waste of time .

Comma : Ms Comma is the slow talker. Thinks ... thinks and says something. She evaluates before speaking , takes in a deep breath before speaking the next 20 words . She's not boring. She's quiet analytical and wise . Not easily impressed . Will dig deep within , before making a point .


Question Mark : Are you Mr Question ? Do you always answer with a question ? Do you have a question mark look on your face at all times ? Do you keep asking Why is she doing this ? What will happen if I drink this ? When will my troubles stop ? Basically. Why - me - look all the time. They always look troubled and pull you down so Mr. Question please stop, take a look and live life !


Exclamation Mark : Personally, one of my faves . She is always happy , excited , shouting and a person with a full-on attitude . She loves life . She will start singing at a drop of a hat and has this very positive attitude towards life . " Everything has a solution " is her motto . Where ever she goes there is life , fun and laughter . Long live !!!

8 comments:

  1. very very funny and so well written...bless you, diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my daughter read your posts and they find it so refreshing . Keep writing...love Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your article is very interesting. I'm a literacy teacher and my students would love this. It certainly makes learning punctuation much more interesting and fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny post. I liked it. Keep punctuating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny and very interesting, Roshni, let's have some more please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha... nice post and hats off to your imagination... Seriously if schools start teaching like this then subjects will never be boring

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good one- my 7 yr old enjoyed it too much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, and full of humour.
    I also think , we can classify many adults too.:-)

    ReplyDelete