Wednesday 20 July 2011

20 Reasons to Love Summer.





Summer turns me upside down
Summer, Summer, Summer
It's like a merry-go-round
-The Cars, Magic



I love having nowhere to be, no schedules to stick to.
I love traveling with family and living in shorts.
I love the smell of sunscreen mixed with Popsicle juice.
I love that swimming pool chlorine works as good or better than a shower.
I love playing family Monopoly until ten o’clock at night.
I love sleeping in until eleven.
I love going out for Mint chocolate chip ice-cream at ten.
I love cold watermelon on a hot day. 
I love the sound of the ice cream truck as it jingles through the neighborhood.
I love finding sand in my pockets and in the cuffs of my jeans.
I love flip flops and sundresses. 
I love ponytails and big, floppy hats. 
I love hoop earrings the size of dessert plates.
I love Slip ‘n Slides and water balloon fights. 
I love the smell of barbecues on Friday afternoons.
I love the sound that air-conditioners make.
I love blasting the radio with the car windows down. 
I love playlists called Summer ’11. 
I love mocktails and smoothies (home made of course).
I love summer blockbusters.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely list.

    I LOVE them all save for Numbers 3,10 and 16.
    You are such an intelligent,articulate girl.At this rate,you will write a novel one day.And remember I said it first :0).

    Just don't stop reading,writing and dreaming.It's very important to dream....and dream big,because dreams give birth to efforts and efforts and endeavors make your dreams come true.ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy evn i love watermelons..Rosh ..u knw u ve written frm yr heart..thats the best part..and yes u ve also shown that what a lovely home maker my lovely friend is...and it also shows that u r a very very optimistic lille gurl....way to go Rosh...nd plz keep writting as u hve it in you...!!..and i love the pink nd flowers all around your blog..at yr age evn my daughter ws in love wid pink colour..so proud of you my dear..keep up the gud wrk....yeah i am the second one to say that one day we will be reading yr novel...cheers to that..!

    ReplyDelete