Monday 25 July 2011

The Little Man in my Life.


As you know, Zeus is the name of my baby brother. It is also the name of the Greek King of the Gods. The story behind choosing his name goes like this:

My dad and me were working on a school project about ancient Greece. I decided to do it on Greek Gods. While we were working, my dad suddenly said: "Hey, Rosh, wouldn't it be cool to name the baby Zeus?" I  thought he was just joking, but I loved the name instantly. I went and told mummy and in a joking tone she said "Yea, sure." Our name finalists were Kyle and Zeus. We finally agreed on Zeus and I'm glad we did:)! The night before Zeus was born, we went shopping. For some reason my mom insisted on stopping by the hospital as she was very uncomfortable. The doctor said something about the baby which I didn't understand. But there was one bit I understood perfectly: ''You will give birth either today or tomorrow." I was so excited. After we checked in the hospital, my dad told me I would have to stay home while my Dad stayed with my mom. In the morning, when my dad came to pick me up to go to the hospital, there was a lot of thunder. I remembered that one of Zeus' symbols were a thunderbolt and me telling my dad "Daddy, look thunder, that means Zeus is on to the new world".

Sure enough, he was born at 11:30 am on 18 December, 2009. I remember, when he was born, he wouldn't do much. He barely opened his eyes! He's changed so much since (19 months). Now my mornings begin with his kisses, his slaps and him picking my nose and ears! I love how he wants to follow me around everywhere shouting ''DD'', ''DD'' . (Although, that can get a bit annoying when I have sleepovers) He loves books so I am glad when he starts reading, we'll have more quiet time in the house. I love him like crazy. Even though he can't say it, I know he loves me too !!

Reminds me of Terri Guillemet's quote " There's no love like the love for a brother.There's no love like the love from a brother."

3 comments:

  1. Ur relationaship with ur baby brother is adorable. U r a VERY tallented as a writer and i hope u keep writing this incredible blog of yours.
    - Jade Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really the beautiful blessings of God on all the couples.The just like beautiful flower of a beautiful garden.
    Business Ideas on franchises

    ReplyDelete