Wednesday 3 August 2011

Why I Love Bahrain!

Bahrain is one of the best places I've lived all my life. I have made friends from all over the world. From Australia to Brunei to Switzerland to Yemen to UK to Holland and many, many more. All from different parts of the world, yet so similar.

I got to see the world famous Michael Schumacher race in the Grand Prix. I got to open up an oyster to find a pearl and it is now one of my most prized possessions. I'll miss not being able to go to Wahoo and The Lost Paradise of Dilmun  (both water parks).

I never knew I'd ever say this but I actually loved my school. The British School of Bahrain is the BEST school I've ever been to so far. I also love Bahrain for all it's restaurants. There's Sushi to Thai food to Italians pizzas to big, fat, juicy burgers, Lebanese cuisine and etc. There's this one place called Maya and it sells the most delicious food EVER. Everything has chocolate in!! Maya has 2 giant cartons in the corner of the restaurant and they are filled with CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! There are pipes connected to each of them and the pipes go all around the restaurant and eventually lead to the kitchen. Unfortunately, the restaurant has closed down and will be replaced by  a restaurant called Fat Burger that sells Fat Burgers. hahaha.

Another reason I love Bahrain is because the weather is extremely predictable except in the winters when sometimes there is more rain or wind. Another thing I've heard is that, in the summer, you can fry an egg on the bonnet of your car (although witnesses say it takes around 30 to 45 minutes). Bahrain also has the most exquisite history in the Gulf even though nobody really realizes it.

Bahrain is also very famous for pearl diving. There aren't so many places where you can go underwater and come up with something so valuable and beautiful. Bahrain has a stretch of untouched desert which is usually used for desert camping.

I definitely miss Bahrain but I'm so excited to be living in Dubai again :D ! I can't believe I'm going to meet all my friends again !

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have opened an oyster !!! I read your posts everyday. I am 13 and always wished to write..now I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life in Bahrain sounds like fun! It's good you're interested in trying out new things, life will be fun wherever you go. I'd like to open an oyster and find a pearl someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. restaurant Bahrain Since it opened in Bahrain in 2001, Bennigan's has always been the place where people have gone to enjoy great and restaurant Bahrain unique American cuisine with a special brand of Irish hospitality, spend time with friends or just to enjoy the relaxing...

    ReplyDelete