Friday 16 September 2011

Mind Mapped !!

First week of school just got over and we have already used mind maps for 2 subjects , English and Geography. When I was first introduced to Mind Maps by my dad some 4 years ago, I was somewhat clueless. All I remember of those days and mind maps is that it helped me remember my lessons faster ! But now, that I have started to really use this tool..I have not only taken quiet easily to it, I actually have loads of fun making my maps and filling them up with colors / drawing etc. 

So what is a mind map? It is basically a drawing of your ideas, thoughts connected to a central point. To know more about it Click here. The picture below explains it pretty clearly. 


I have been using mind maps mainly for my studies. We are meant to use it in school too. I remember last year I  had missed school and when I got back we were to have this Humanities assessment in a days time. Obviously , I panicked . My dad very calmly picked up a A4 size paper and told me to make a mind map of the lessons..and whoo-hoo I had the lessons down pat !! My mom uses mind maps to plan out holidays and last time I saw one of her mind maps was when we were moving. My dad has this mind map software too. The Tony Buzan's mind map software.  It's truly awesome. 
Made for a write up on global warming
This one is made about Marie Curie 
Kings of Middle ages
William Shakespeare

So, in case you have too many things running in your head try this.If it can work for me, sure it will work for you too ! And in case, you need one for your child..check Tony Buzan's book Mind Maps for kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment