Tuesday 18 October 2011

Learning Arabic

Being in an Arab country, I have to learn Arabic. Even though I have been trying to learn Arabic for 6 years, it's still extremely difficult for me to understand.

I'm guessing this happens to everyone who's trying to learning a language. The feeling of complete confusion and baffleism.




Well, today I did something I thought I would never be able to do. There was an Arabic Reading Test for the beginner students. I was one of them, even though people from my class can understand the language with only 2 years of learning. Honestly, I wasn't very confident on acing the test. But the next thing that happened was a stroke of Bad Luck.

"Would you like to b first, Sheneni? He was calling me. You see, Mr Ahmed (Arabic Teacher) has the habit of calling me Sheneni instead of Roshni.

I was a NERVOUS WRECK! But, as I was standing there, I got it. I knew which letter was which and how to say what! I felt as if the 4 years of arabic finally came to my senses. I passed the test with flying colors, but unfortunately, I need to complete 2 more levels until I can finally read Arabic.

So everyone out there learning a new language...I know how it feels!



3 comments:

  1. I love learning new languages and i must tell you, you did a great job.
    Thanks for linking up in Exposure 99% weekday hop. Following back and i look forward being part of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower. Hoping you will follow back! =0) My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by and participating in the Get Wired Blog Hop.

    I am following you.

    Vickie
    http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete